Monday 29 March 2010

The Quest


From fairly innocuous opening lines I had no idea where Muse would take me - the middle and end of this poem was a surprise to me, see where it takes you.





The Quest - 29 Mar 10

Aurora paints the sky
Dawn lifts the veil
The sun peeps between
Misted trees
New day

Birds serenade
As animals scurry
Returning to their rest
Shake the dew
From grassy banners

Feeling the early fire
Of the day
Touch my face
Pull the sleep
From stagnant corners
Of my mind
Awake my body
Propel me into action
To try to find me
Amongst
The remnants
Of old me
Shattered pieces
Discarded
Scattered across the lawn
Or hung to dry
Like tattered clothing
On leafless bushes

Will I find me?
I have no idea
But still...
I quest





Now written, I ask Muse what it means but all I get is an enigmatic smile...


1 comment:

  1. Spring's awakening
    is not just for the
    birds and bees
    time for us to shake off
    the sleep of winter
    let go the things
    that no longer fit us
    and leave them behind
    Look to the sky
    watch the sun
    burn holes in the clouds
    Look the the wind
    feel it shake
    you and wake you to today
    Look to your soul
    and feel it's pulse
    showing you what you need to know

    Ainsley... I love the visual of the tatterd pieces on the leafless bushes...naked to the world...letting go of the shreds of the old.. while looking towards what is coming
    beautiful...

    ReplyDelete