Thursday 18 March 2010

Puppet


In another change of mood from the recent poems, Muse has shown me this and requested that I post it here, today.





Puppet - 18 Mar 10

Whispering energy
Teasing thoughts
Running through my mind

Sitting behind the veil
She watches, pulls the strings
That make me dance
And walk me through
The pantomime,
She smiles

My thoughts
Trying to move beyond
The confines of my strings

She makes me
Strut, cavort, say stupid things
To entertain her
Because she is bored
Her previous toys
No longer interest
Or amuse...
I may be next

Can I move
Without my strings
Can I try





I often wonder where I find the inspiration for the poems I write, this poem is an example - I cannot find anything in my memory that could bring it out into daylight.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes we feel like
    the puppet other times the puppet master
    and sometimes we feel totally unconnected.

    Deep inside
    dreams float
    and ask us to be free
    to show us
    to our true wants and needs
    and just maybe
    she wants you to feel that way
    so you will cut your strings
    and fly
    without being pulled..

    hmmm
    reverse psychology from your muse
    you never know

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same of my writing at times, wondering where my inspiration comes from.

    When among different types of writers, perhaps I am a puppet to whom I'm with - I allow myself to be this, because I can learn at the same time.

    Just an observation of myself, related to your poem, and I am glad @LunaJune gives a superb comment.

    ReplyDelete