Thursday 14 January 2010

Waking Nightmare


This poem was actually birthed at the same time as "I Will Take You..." but it didn't feel right to post it then; thinking about it I felt that since life isn't all 'sweet and lovely' the occasional sad poem to illustrate this is valid.





Waking Nightmare - 13 Jan 10

Dream
I lift aside the veil
To look upon your face

In my sleep I watch you
In your sleep
I kiss your shoulder
And your eyes
Smile open

Awake
There is no veil
And you...not here

I gaze upon the empty pillow
My throat knotting up
I bow my head
A single tear slips
To land in that empty space
Where I wish...

Sleep snatches painfully
At my thoughts
Dark thoughts in my mind
Fitful sleep
No rest

I wake
Still alone





I shall return to sweetness and light for my next offering.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. alone in our beds
    asleep.
    in dreams
    together with our love
    we live
    a life of wonderment
    until
    dawn
    wakes us
    from our dream
    and in that moment
    we see
    that 'here'
    is different from 'there'
    and we cry out

    ReplyDelete