Friday 8 January 2010

Fire Wish


I was building a fire when this poem started to come through...





Fire Wish - 08 Jan 10

Building a fire
Against the coming night,
Remembering
How we used to sit
And gaze upon the flames
Wishing
That it will happen again
Tonight

I watched from my window
To see if you would appear
When I called
To you

Darkness closes in
Too quickly
And with it comes the cold,
I turn from the window
And set a flame
To the kindling
Then turn again
To look out
And call

Streetlamps
Cast a yellow glow
Mocking the flame
I cannot see you

But still I call to
You





Feeling the sadness of a lost love.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. ahhh lost love
    wandering the paths of the past
    looking at a love that ended
    calling with our mind
    hoping it will find
    them walking back this way
    some days the winds have blown
    a scent or thought of them our way
    because maybe just once they thought of us today.

    stoke the fire
    watch the flames
    tickle around the logs
    and know this
    I will hold your hand
    today, tomorrow and whenever you need me to

    ReplyDelete