Wednesday 30 December 2009

Today


This poem started to grow when I was collecting our drinking water from the shute above the stream near our house and the images started to fill my senses.




Today - 30 Dec 09

Above me
Fragmented shards
Of fractured blue
Show between the clouds

Beside me
The stream tries
To carry the shards,
The splinters,
Of the blue
Glittering dust

Ahead of me
Water cascades
To quench my thirst

Behind me
The path leads
Home





I use the word 'shute' in the opening lines instead of the more widely used 'chute' because Cornish dialect often pronounces the word as 'shout' and the spelling beginning with the letter 's' allows this as a possibility.

Incidentally, it is really lovely water.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. As the stream flows
    It carries with it memories
    of reflections that past by
    The sky dances in the wind on the waves
    the intent of life giving water
    as it quenches our thirst
    also fills us with the energy
    refected into it, upon it, and absorbed by it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the image this poem evoked. I can easily visualize it. Thanks as always for sharing your beautiful thoughts and gift of words.

    ReplyDelete