Monday 28 December 2009

Soul Music


It was only after I wrote the title that I realised that I had created a 'play on words' - entirely unintended but I feel that it is a good one.





Soul Music - 28 Dec 09

In our yesterdays
We learned the moves
And learned the steps
To take us further along
Our path
We listened to
The music playing
In our Souls

Today
We play in the garden
Where thought takes us
To places we
May have known
And we dance
To the music playing
In our Souls

Our tomorrows
Are yet to be
Though we are permitted
To glimpse
What may be
To seed our dreams
And allow the myths
To take root
And we shall sing
Our words
To the music playing
In our Souls





This was another poem which grew from the single starting line which had been drifting through my mind for a couple of hours.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. Lovely trip with Soul Music
    truly when our souls sing
    it's music is heard everywherer.
    thanks for singing


    The snow fell
    the cars drove forward
    only thinking of getting
    to where they were going
    all the while...
    I drove..
    I sang...
    and I remembered
    all the bits of me I'd left behind
    I saw them dancing in the park
    I saw them walking in the dark
    and twirling near the sea
    I saw them but they didn't see me
    as I drove slowly by
    into the future
    waving at the past
    excited and full of wonder

    ReplyDelete