Monday 30 September 2013

Whisperings


Random thoughts, random memories, suddenly emerge from my past to tickle my mind and inspire me to create this poem.





Whisperings  -  30 Sep 13

An old memory
Called forth by
Chance sightings
Of an image

A name

A whispering
In the wind
Of words carried
Over the years

A place

Only remembered
In a chance thought
May not even be real
Any longer





The people and places alluded to in this poem, were essentially forgotten things from when I was about 17 years old and, as I said, may not even exist now.

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. "A whispering
    In the wind
    Of words carried
    Over the years"

    stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes memories from the long-forgotten past are no more than the whispers of the wind.
      Happy that you liked this offering dani ♥

      Delete