Wednesday 4 September 2013

Misplaced Memories


This poem was inspired by memories of events which now feel that they belong to another lifetime.   I do not feel that they are a part of me but they are still my memories and I think they belong in my pocket.





Misplaced Memories  -  04 Sep 13

We travelled together
Along forgotten paths
Scattering memories
To the winds

I remember when we
Kissed
At the Ocean’s edge
… I think

We walked on meadows
In the moonlight
In our dream
Surrounded

Memories come back
From hidden corners
Where I had forgotten
To collect them again

Trying to recall
Where I left them
So I can put them back
In my pocket





So many memories and most of them now irrelevant to me.  I have a new life and am creating new memories daily.


Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. i don't think i've really thought about the fact that most memories are irrelevant to the life i have now.

    i LOVE the title "Misplaced Memories" ~ the entire poem is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All memories have uses but one must remember that living in the now is what is important and simply dwelling in the old memories serves no function.

      NOW with all the Love it holds is where we all are.

      Thank you for your Beautiful comment dani ♥

      Delete