Monday 31 January 2011

Haikū - 34


A few more Haikū from my personal archives.





Haikū 34


Accent

A hint of Jasmine
beautiful floral accent
reminds me of you


Broken Promises [Dodoitsu]

In the west sunlight, tinting
clouds orange colour, promising...
now cloud falls, rain falls, all wet
Broken promises

[Note: while this is not an Haikū but a
dodoitsu in the folk form - syllabic structure 7:7:7:5,
I felt that it was interesting enough to include it here.]


Night Roams

Daytime slips into
dream, allowing night to roam
where will it find you...


...Imagination...

The borderland where
sea, beach and sky meet and touch...
there you will find me


Savour

A chance to savour
your sweet perfume, I taste you,
kiss you...in my dreams


Diamonds

A little shower
leaving diamonds sprinkled
to capture the sun


Consort

The Queen has done her
duty...born the heir and now
she calls her consort






More somewhen soon...


2 comments:

  1. i LOVE all of these ~ my favorite:

    "In the west sunlight, tinting
    clouds orange colour, promising...
    now cloud falls, rain falls, all wet
    Broken promises"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dani ♥
    I find it interesting that you chose my dodoitsu as your favourite in this set of poems, it is the only one I have ever written, perhaps I should try more...

    ReplyDelete