Thursday 6 January 2011

Slow Waves


Inspired by a photograph I took yesterday and some memories that resurfaced while looking at the image, this poem was born...





Slow Waves - 06 Jan 11

Out on the cliffs
Alone
Watching the slow waves
Wash against my shore
In measured beat

Dreaming of other times
When you were with me
In my mind
In my world
Touching

You cannot be with me again
Ever
It was just a dream
I held
That wandered into waking hours

Pressed against the bars
Of my mind
Calling
Into empty space
Rattling the cage

So I watch the waves
And let them wash my thoughts
Away
Toward you
Again





Melancholy thoughts inspired by a grey sea under a grey sky...

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Exactly the feelings I wanted to convey.
    Thank you Dani ♥ for your lovely comments ♥

    ReplyDelete