Wednesday 2 February 2011

Out Of Her Shadows


This poem grew suddenly and totally unexpectedly this evening, it took the shortest time to write as well - I offer it to you now...





Out Of Her Shadows - 02 Feb 11

For years
She had waited
Her dreams passed her by
Darkness enfolded
Her days
Wrapped her nights
With pain
Saw nothing but tears
In everything she did
Everything that came to her
Shadowed

Glimmers of light
Showed occasionally...
In her fear she pushed them away
Afraid that
Her darkness would engulf
Them
Deny her again
...Yet again

A spark returned
To her...
Inquisitive
She probed it
Felt it
Tasted it
The spark grew into a flame
Brightened
Turned into an inferno
Consumed her
Took her to new heights
Her reborn Soul
Took flight

Into the light she flew
Taking with her
Her power
Leaving behind
The shadows
She had carried
For too many years
Now smiles are all she wears
As she rises higher
Higher...higher...





I cannot say how surprised I was as this poem formed and flowed from my mind to the page.
This is an offering for One Shot Wednesday - http://onestoppoetry.com/

Enhanced by Zemanta

10 comments:

  1. Lovely offering indeed! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jessica ♥ Thank you for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved it. I will have to check out your other stuff. I like to write poems as well. Sometimes they take me a few days to write and other times within a few mins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Teresa ♥ for your lovely comments ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful poem Ainsley...a story of my life (but perhaps I'm being far too romantic?) Loved it...thank you for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Louise ♥
    I think that I have tapped into the feelings and thoughts of many people even though I only had one person in mind as I wrote it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful work. Love those instant flow poems.

    ReplyDelete