Tuesday 27 May 2014

Cold Tears


This poem grew in the late afternoon but the last stanza only appeared when I was in bed and Muse dropped a hint.





Cold Tears  -  26 May 14

Afternoon rain
Washes like cold tears
Across the cheeks
Of the earth

Warm incense
Touches the senses
Flows through the mind
Opens thoughts to elsewhere

Sweet smoke
Takes me back … forward
Links me through all the times
I inhabit

The worlds of everywhen
Show me what I am
I remember the cold tears
I once shed

The tears for long-lost Loves
Held once then slipped
Into the mists forgotten
Incense returned to remind me





It is not unusual for additional stanzas to appear when I am supposed to be going to sleep.

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. the final stanza is the perfect closing! i really like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your Lovely comment dani ♥

      Delete