Tuesday 14 January 2014

Unexpected Moon


As I was getting into bed I happened to see the Moon in the far western sky.  At that moment I was aware of the title line and, once in bed, was prompted to write the first stanza on my phone.  The second stanza arrived in the afternoon.





Unexpected Moon  -  13 Jan 14

An unexpected Moon
Watches us as we
Whisper our goodnights
Reflected in your eyes
Her cool light
Becomes warm

Moon watches
As we drift into sleep
Then draws
Her blanket of rain
About her shoulders
And in the darkness ~ sleeps





Fascinating how a random sighting can trigger a poem.

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. oh! i LOVE the imagery in this! especially the second stanza. just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dani ♥ for your Lovely comment.
      Have to admit that I rather like that second stanza too.

      Delete