Sunday 3 November 2013

Brides Tales


I was trying to get to sleep when words kept wandering through my mind, Muse insisted that I made a note of them or they would be forgotten.
I feel that I should make the inspiration points here; "Dawn bride's veil" comes from the first line of "Islands", one of the records by King Crimson.  The hint from John Keats - "Ode to Autumn" is in the first line of his poem and a subtle reminder of "Fires At Midnight" the song from Jethro Tull completes the list of what I can see here.
On with my poem ...





Brides Tales  -  02 Nov 13

Dawn bride
Her veil captures the wind
Bends it to her will
Her perfume fills the sky
Holds me

Bride in the afternoon
The mellow fruits
Of autumn
Share her sweet smile
Intoxicating

Evening bride
Fires glow in the hearth
Giving cheerful light
Not as warm
As her Love

Bride of night
Rich crimson blossoms
Of the midnight feast
Roses before dawn
We share




It is really good when Muse nags me to get things written so they remain to be posted here.

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. this is stunning! you may have had inspiration from several places, but this is ALL you! very special!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dani ♥ it is always my intention to create special and unique pieces.
      Thank you for your Lovely comments dani ♥

      Delete