Saturday 1 October 2011

Tantalus


This poem took rather longer to become fully formed - a matter of several hours - but I feel satisfied with the result.





Tantalus - 30 Sep 11

She stood
Tantalising
Vision of her beauty
Just out of reach
Tantalus
Taste of her nectar
Almost…
Within my lips
On my tongue

Night visions she conjured
She danced with me
Around me
Within my mind
Across the dreaming
Landscape where my Soul
Stood guard
Motionless
Over me

Day dreams she formed
To place in the waking me
To dance with her
Within her
Touching
Caressing
Enticing
Waking me to see
Her beauty

Playing with reality
She built worlds
For us to live
Where we could experience
Each other
Feel
Play
Search for the key
To the Tantalus





I hope the key is within your grasp and that you are not being teased.


Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. dani said;

    this seems a continuation of, or at the least, related to "She Tasted Me" ~ evocative and at the same time delicately sensual. i especially love 'Night visions' and 'Day dreams. a truly stunning poem!

    ***************

    Thank you for your lovely comments dani ♥
    You are correct in thinking that these two poems are related / connected - I get a feeling that there is another poem in the series to come ♥

    ReplyDelete