Thursday 6 October 2011

Rain : Two Views


Each part of this poem was birthed separately but in the very early hours of the morning, like fraternal twins, related but in no way identical. Each was inspired by something seen; in the first, the way that the landscape was lost in the cloud - in the second, street lamplight refracted by raindrops on my window.





Rain : Two Views - 06 Oct 11

I

Rain
Blurs the boundaries
Between sky and earth
Rain
Blurs the boundaries
Between mind and reality


II

Stars dropped by the clouds
Scattered
Thrown against my window
By the wind
Random patterns
Rain constellations





Muse has a rather interesting way of showing me things, to inspire thoughts which then have to be written down - no matter the hour or place.

2 comments:

  1. thank you for sharing the way you see the world, Ainsley ~ it's always amazing!

    both verses are stunning in their imagery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dani ♥ I cab only write about what I see and I am pleased that you can "see" it too when you look at my words ♥

    ReplyDelete