Sunday 27 February 2011

Evening Haikū


I was actually composing another poem when these words were suggested to me, they flowed so smoothly that I felt that they were asking to be posted first - I know better than to argue...





Evening Haikū - 27 Feb 11

Now the afternoon
Stretches long shadows, blue mist,
Toward the moonrise

Daytime is closing
Candles flicker in the dark
Call you home to me

Across the ocean
Last glint of daylight shimmers
Between sky and sea

Waiting for you now
I know you are on your way
To be in my arms





I love the surprise arrival of poems, thanking Muse for the prompts.

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. you're wise to listen to your muse ~ this is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely comment Dani ♥ I always listen to my Muse ♥

    ReplyDelete