Thursday 5 December 2013

Looking-Glass Eyes


This poem was birthed just a few minutes after I built the post for yesterday's offering.  It was not completed then and needed to cook gently overnight, a few lines were added while I was in bed trying to sleep and the remainder emerged a few hours after I woke into the day.

It is a folk-song / Love-song which has quite a few roots in my past history of reading and listening to music.





Looking-Glass Eyes  -  04 Dec 13

We sat together
Drank some wine
You smiled
And I looked into
Your looking-glass eyes

I saw myself
And saw you watching me
As we sat and dreamed
Of our life together
Reflected in your looking-glass eyes

You showed me our new world
Vast horizons open up
And I can see where we are going
Where our Love lies …
In your looking-glass eyes





Seeing myself reflected in those Looking-Glass Eyes and liking what I see.




Anyone not aware of the meaning ... Looking-glass is an archaic phrase for mirror.

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. beautiful! definitely a song... a love song. it's wonderful to see ourselves reflected in the eyes of someone who loves us... and whom we love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot say anything to improve on your comments dani ♥ thank you.

      Delete