Monday 26 April 2010

Teasing


This is yet another of the poems which grow unexpectedly in the very early moments of the day. When Muse requests my attendance, I never argue, just write and watch.





Teasing - 26 Apr 10

She took me by my hand
As I lay sleeping
Whispered
"Come with me"

My sleeping body
Heard her call
Knew her call
Listened to her whisper
Followed her
Into her dream
Of me

Kissing a rose
She tempted me
Played with my thoughts
Teased my emotions
Raised me high
Left me hanging
Then with a smile
Led me back to bed

Laid me down, said
"Sleep my love"
And in the darkness
Left me
Dawn's sunlight hand
Caressed my cheek
Woke me to the memory...

Of a dream?





In some ways, I think I rather like this dream lover - she is a tease but isn't that part of the game?


1 comment:

  1. the dream lover knows us
    the dream lover comes to show us
    the way to dance upon the stream of dreams
    unencumbered and aware

    teased, I think only to excite
    not a game but to wake us to the day
    to look at life in a whole new way

    lovely my friend :)

    ReplyDelete