Friday 30 April 2010

Brushstrokes


This poem grew rapidly as the first wave of words washed over me but it changed in a way that I didn't expect into the final form that I present here.





Brushstrokes - 30 Apr 10

Brushstrokes
Lovingly applied
Painting the afternoon
Gold
With flowers
Blue
With the sky
Red
With the setting sun
Green
With the ever moving sea

Watching, waiting
For my love to meet me
On the shore
A promise made
Yet unfulfilled
But still I wait
I know my lover
Will be here
To be with me again
Soon
And so I watch
And wait

The colours fade

Brushstrokes
Painting the evening
Dark blue
With the mist
Black
With the sky
Silver
With the Moon






Sad but hopeful, waiting for a loving outcome.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. what a beautiful image
    painted in your sky
    waiting for love wonder
    to drop by.
    seeing the colours
    that love can paint
    in our hearts
    with it's waves.
    shining in the moment
    waiting for the time
    when all of loves
    unfoldings
    are shone as one
    up and down
    sun and moon
    in and out the tides
    until the day
    they meet
    and shall part no more

    ReplyDelete