Tuesday 13 April 2010

Reminiscing


This poem grew out of a Haikū that had just been birthed but with a nagging feeling that there was something else that needed to be said. The whole thing was also tied to a walk to the cliffs on a windy but pleasant day.





Reminiscing - 13 Apr 10

Windswept cliff top walk
Kissed by the sun
Watched by the sea
As I gather new memories
To keep with me
For a distant time
In case I forget

Reminiscing with old friends
Looking back
On the ancient memories
When time seemed
To flow but linger over
The special moments
But old friends
Or new friends
Aren't here with me
As I harvest the memories
Of today

Who will share with me
In the distant time...
Or will I sit alone
Gazing at images
Gathered on a sunny day
On a windy cliff top...
Will the sea remember me?





Sad but valid, if you are alone when harvesting memories you will find it difficult to share them properly with friends - unless they really know the location where the memories grew.


1 comment:

  1. If you see the sea
    the sea will always remember 'me'
    walking in the wind
    on the ridge of life
    wild thoughts blow in
    far distant shores
    is this me
    looking into tomorrow
    seeing a reflection of the me today
    walking the shore alone?
    is this me
    sitting alone in the future looking
    back at the past?
    or is this just me, myself and I
    strolling and thinking about the time when we were 'One'?

    ReplyDelete