Monday 5 April 2010

Distant Memories


This poem grew rather unexpectedly late yesterday night but as regular readers know - I do not argue, I just write them down.





Distant Memories - 05 Apr 10

Looking out
To the point where distance
Makes the details blue
And memories are fading
Into each other
Written on paper
And left for far too long
In the sunlight
Afraid to look
In case the touch of sight
Will crumble it to dust
And the final dream
Will be lost
Forever

Looking out
In the hopes of seeing
All the dreams that were
And wondering whether
New dreams are forming
Beyond the haze
To come and play
In my mind





I wish that I could fully understand where my poems have their roots - I would go and water the area to allow more to be born...


1 comment:

  1. the place of dreams...desire
    the place of creativity...the flow
    the place of longing...the love
    the place of joy...the laughter
    the place of wonder...just wanting to know
    the place of tomorrow...experienced today
    the soul...it knows the way...just follow
    the happiness it shines daily

    and you are there !
    water today with it
    bath in it
    dream of it
    be in it
    and it will be in you

    ReplyDelete