Sunday 23 February 2014

The Singer And The Muse [Re-impassioned]


This new poem grew fairly quickly and interrupted what I was watching.  It insisted that it was written and finished without any interruptions getting in the way.

It was nearly complete when I realised that it was a piece which complimented and extended an old poem of mine so I have included that one too.





The Singer And The Muse  -  22 Feb 14
[Re-impassioned]

In a forest clearing
An ancient cottage stands
There my true Love lies
Waiting …
… Waiting

From the Ocean depths
I call to her ~ ask her to come
To be with me
Yearning …
… Yearning

I sing to my Muse ~ she answers
Fingers touch stroking playing
The keys of our Love
Growing …
… Growing




The Singer And The Muse
[The Original Version]


A broken melody
Charméd forth by fingers idly touching …
A key depressed

The Singer and the Muse join hands
A hummingbird flies
A sweet song in a minor key
Brings tears to ancient eyes

And deep within a hidden valley
A fountain plays
Far from the sight and sign of man






When I can recall the date when this first version was written I shall insert it here.

I guess that these are both "limite surréaliste" and Love songs too.

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. oh, these are lovely! such a magical feel to them both ~ thank you for posting the original, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt that the new poem would not be complete without the inclusion of the original version.

      Thank you for your Beautiful comments dani ♥

      Delete