Sunday 1 January 2012

Abyss


Birthed in the very early hours of the first day of the year, when Muse says "you should write" I cannot argue.  A quote, seen in quite a few places, helped to bring this poem out.

"...when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." From "Beyond Good and Evil" by Friedrich Nietzsche.





 Abyss  -  01 Jan 12



Standing on the edge
I look down
The abyss
Looks back
With unblinking eyes

Sweet smell
Sage smoke
Wafts through my mind
Catches
A corner of my eye

Reminds me
Where I am
My toes grab the edge
I am
Where I must be

Gazing
Asking
Waiting





Happy to be posting things here to Muse on the first day of the New Year.

2 comments:

  1. very mystical and metaphysical and rather scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dani ♥ all feelings of transition have scary elements because the poor old human body is not really used to change ♥

    ReplyDelete