Saturday 31 December 2011

Pleasures [Countdown]


This poem was inspired, in part at least, by the fact that this is the last day of 2011 and while I was composing it the word "countdown" kept drifting through my mind and I realised that it was necessary to blend the two ideas into one whole.





Pleasures [Countdown]  -  31 Dec 11

The ghosts of our dreams
Dance in syncopated
Mystery
Over all the feelings
In all the times
We shared

Bodies scattered
In ecstatic abandon
From pleasured
Shared
Loves

I feel your touch
Unreserved
Giving without expectation
Taking with gratitude

We both knew
We both new
New worlds

Standing on the edge
Ready to fly

And now...?





Thank you Muse for offering me this new piece.
All that is left now is to say...
Blethen Noweth da
[For non-Cornish speakers ~ Happy New Year]


Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! From a Tregeseal neighbour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you too - you don't have to be anonymous - - - send me an e-mail to say hello properly ☺ ♥ ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big grin - thank you dani ♥ A highly eloquent two words ♥

    ReplyDelete