Friday 23 December 2011

Journey Into Day


I find it fascinating, when Muse taps me on the shoulder and indicates that I should write something, the end result is - I feel - rather special.





Journey Into Day - 23 Dec 11

I’d come so far
Before I saw you
Before I knew
Who I was
Who you were

The long dark morning
Born out of dark night
Left the spirits watching
Keeping guard
In the empty places
Where the echoes
Of me
Still live

Reaching out
With unguided hand
Seeing
With sightless eyes
Waiting for the Sun

Touched by the Sun
Your light held me
As the harbour lights
Faded
I watched you
Held you
Dreamed you into me
…Dreamed

Come so far
Then I saw you
Finally I knew
Who I was
Who you were





Another of the poems birthed in the very early hours of the day - thanks for the prompt my Muse.


Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. {{{sigh}}} your love songs are enchanting and sooo romantic! gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dani ♥ your comments are always welcome, this one especially so ♥

    ReplyDelete