Saturday 17 December 2011

Waiting


This poem took a little while to get near to completion but it still didn't feel right, I asked a friend and two words were changed. This change improved the flow completely and I felt that it was ready to be posted here.





Waiting - 16 Dec 11

I waited for you
At the edge
Of time
I promised you
I would be there
Till you arrived

Aeons danced
Through our Eternity
Waves washed the shore
Time sang his sweet song
Echoed through the years

Your promise to me
Still whispers In my mind
…I will be there…
I see the smile in your eyes
Caressing my face
Kissing my Soul





I feel that it was worth the wait and my thanks to Muse and to my friend for the suggestions.

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. {sigh} this is beautiful ~ it speaks to the depth of a love worth waiting for. the ending is sublime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dani ♥
    Thank you for your help and for your lovely comments ♥

    ReplyDelete