Friday 2 September 2011

Dark Friend


I was listening to some instrumental music when words started to drift through my mind, pen and paper taken up and the poem flowed. I'm not certain that I can say that much about it or who the poem is about but I offer it to you.





Dark Friend - 02 Sep 11

She walked alone
Through deserted streets
Held in
Night’s cool embrace

A strange dark friend
She knew him well
Many years
Together ~ comforting ~ conversations

When daylight cracked the sky
Alone again she found herself
Dawn glow
Ghostly light fills the sky

Alone still ~ her friend within
Companion in the dark
Light … lover
Always together never lonely





Muse has a wonderful habit of tapping me on my shoulder when I least expect her arrival.


2 comments:

  1. this is different for you ~ i love it, especially that you don't say exactly who he is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dani ♥ for your lovely comment, who "he" is is implied but never stated ♥

    ReplyDelete