Tuesday 6 September 2011

A Sad Song


Writing, once again, in the dark of night with soft music for company. Muse said, "your turn" and asked me to take up pen and write.





A Sad Song - 06 Sep 11

I know I said it
Once
A long time ago
As I walked toward you
I said
I love you
But now I realise
I was walking in vain

I know I said it
In the dark of
A starless night
When even the Moon
Chose not to look
And my words
Lost their way
In the dark

I know I said it
But dark tears
Washed the traces
The feint footprints
From the path
And my lost words
Were walking in the rain
Again





Interesting how a thought can take you into places that have not been explored and can only be seen in the dark of night.
This poem / song is not autobiographical, nor is it about anyone I know, it is just a feeling that grew out of the music to which I was listening at that moment.

This is my offering for:
http://dversepoets.com/2011/09/06/open-link-night-week-8/




Enhanced by Zemanta

16 comments:

  1. Thank you Jo ♥ for visiting and for your lovely comments ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. What were you listening to?

    My first reaction after reading this was to say: 'Try again!' For whatever reason the loved one isn't getting the message.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mark - thanks for your comment - I agree, the message isn't getting through at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Mark - forgot to answer your question...I was listening to a selection of Sarah McLachlan tracks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "When even the Moon
    Chose not to look
    And my words
    Lost their way
    In the dark"

    stunning doesn't even come close, Ainsley! this poem is sad and romantic and utterly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. some deep feelings grew - of loss and regret it seems. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is very interesting how you can just hear one word and it sparks something in you. Great piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice...love it when a song does that...i often listen to music as i write...you come away with an evocative piece...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you dani ♥ for your really lovely comments ♥
    Sometimes melancholia brings out the loveliest poems ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Sheila ♥ thank you for visiting and for your great comments ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Pat, thank you for visiting one of my blogs - one word triggers or, sometimes a fragment of an image sets off the strangest things.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Brian - thank you for your comments and for visiting me again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. sad. Such longing and loss. Especially liked
    I know I said it
    In the dark of
    A starless night
    When even the Moon
    Chose not to look

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Rob - thank you for your comment and thanks too for your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Charles for your great comments and thank you for visiting.

    ReplyDelete