Wednesday 24 August 2011

Rain Flows


I had just finished writing a review of a draft poem a lovely friend intended to post and included in what I had said I wrote the line "Rain flows in my mind". I realised then that I had to do something with it and gradually the remaining words flowed into my mind. After a few more prompts from Muse the poem was completed today.





Rain Flows - 24 Aug 11

Soft drumming on the roof
Trickle from an open tap
Within the cloud
Rain flows in my mind

Each drip translated
Into light
Scintillating
Coruscating
I see the colours
Of the sound

Rainbows writhe
In syncopated symphonies
Dance in light
Across the rivers
In my mind

Seeing the song
Hearing the light
Feeling the dance
Of the rivers
Rain flows in my mind





I offer this to you, make of it what you will - Muse doesn't always explain the meanings of the poems or prose that she inspires - but comments are, as usual, always welcomed.

This is an offering to http://dversepoets.com/2011/08/23/openlinknight-week-6/


Enhanced by Zemanta

14 comments:

  1. this is one of your best poems! ever! it truly, literally took my breath away! stunning doesn't come close to describing it ~ thank you for sharing! i love it! dani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dani ♥ your beautiful comments are really appreciated ♥ It is good to know that my words have that kind of effect ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. Great imagery and alliteration - "syncopated symphonies". Fittingly, this poem really does have a wonderful flow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Stephen for your great comments - I really appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inspired by the fullness of nature's dimensions and her 'alter-egos.' Soothing therapy, drip by drip.

    Whimsical. I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Jeff for your lovely comments

    ReplyDelete
  7. a beautiful poem, tribute to rain - which I
    am in love with. the repetition gives your
    poem a lyrical quality, echoes rain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Shauna ♥ for your really beautiful comments ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. just saw you over at dani's...great to see you as well at dverse...this is a lovely poem...rain is a besutiful and sensual thing for me...and i like to jump in the puddles...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Brian - good to see you - 'twas dani who persuaded me to post to dVerse. Happy to see your comments, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Mama Zen ♥ for your lovely comment ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is delightful. I dropped over from haikulovesongs. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Fireblossom ♥ for visiting and for your lovely comment ♥

    ReplyDelete