Friday 8 October 2010

Autumn Wind


This poem was inspired by the real weather conditions, very strong winds and rain...





Autumn Wind - 08 Oct 10

The wind through my mind
Tearing down old familiar things
Landmarks
I had come to rely on
Through the years
To point the way
Through my life

The wind
Tore down more than I knew
Shook my understanding
Took me to places
That are new to me
Carried me into
A new tomorrow

The autumn wind
Changes my year
Blows away the old impressions
Shows me new
Shows me things
I never knew before
Things
Which will change me

The wind through my mind
Has changed me
Shifted my perceptions
Opened me
Opened my consciousness
To realisation
That I am
More





Muse was really assisting me in this birthing, it was smooth and easy but I felt her hand as I wrote.


Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I love this poem. I'll be printing it out and putting it up by my desk for inspiration. Great to let the wind blow through you to give you a fresh view of the world & yourself.

    Really inspiring Ainsley!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. let the wind blow
    stand at the edge
    and watch
    the wonders rolling in
    across the waves


    beautiful my friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful dear friend... as I make my way around I hope you may join the many writers @OneStoppoetry http://OneShotPoetry.blogspot.com for the One Shot Wednesdays they organize. Amazing group of talented writers/photographers/artists/poets sharing their work all connecting. Check out the site and follow ^ on twitter, I think it could be very rewarding an expereience.
    You have such beautiful talent and I'm happy to follow you! =)) ~April

    ReplyDelete