Wednesday 28 October 2009

Talking in Your Sleep


This is another of the poems from a few years ago, I do recall the event that triggered the creation but, in the spirit of the poem, I shall not divulge this.





Talking in Your Sleep - 11 Nov 00

Inspired by the words
You spoke in your sleep
That night so many moons ago

I sit up past the midnight hour
Shaping the words that form
In my mind to lay them on the page

And in the mellow darkness
Surrounded only by the music
Coaxed from the strings of a guitar

Layer upon layer the words I place
Between the lines
Wandering across the page

Until, like some tired wanderer,
They lay down to rest
And become ensnared by my pen

Now for you to read
And ponder upon the hidden meanings
Of my random thoughts




This poem has a slightly different feel to my usual offerings, I hope you like it.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment