Monday 26 October 2009

I Will Be Waiting


Another poem from a few years ago, this is set in a place that features in a Song Cycle I wrote and the Cycle itself has been knocking at my mind again - I feel that there is more to come.





I Will Be Waiting - 01 Feb 03
A love song from the land where the Warlord walked.

When the watchnight fires
Have grown cold
I will be waiting
For you

When the wind from the sea
Washes across my face
Carrying memories
From a distant past
I will still be there
Waiting
For you

In the night
Through the day
I will hold
The memories
Of our times together
And
I will still be there
Waiting for you
To return
To me





This poem and the background story still have the power to bring a gentle tear to me.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment