Saturday 17 October 2009

Knocking at the Door


This poem grew fairly quickly this afternoon and is another of the ones that have no known trigger, obviously something inside me did set something in motion but I have no idea what this was.





Knocking at the Door - 17 Oct 09

Knocking quietly
At the door of my memory
You are
Trying to bring the thoughts
Back into view

I remember playing with you
All those years ago
When we were young,
Was it so very long since
We were together?

A rose we shared
Crimson petals like velvet
Cool, yet warm in our hands
Echo of the fire in our hearts
The love still glows

A temptress in the loveliest sense
I cannot refuse your request
And I invite you in again
And offer you the cup
To share love's wine





I hope you enjoyed this offering.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment