Wednesday 7 October 2009

Memories


Another of the older poems, I was reading through some with the intention of posting something and was struck by the images and memories that this poem triggered in me - I hope that the same can be said by you when you read it.





Memories - 08 May 97

I remember
Soft warm breezes
Slow sunsets
Into the sea

Memories of those
Loving days
Watching the waves
Washing silver across the sands

I remember
Special mornings
Gentle golden light
Washing through the windows

Pulling me from sleep
Taking me from my bed
Inviting me to walk
Through the gardens of a dream

I remember
Places I have never been
Imagination takes my waking mind
To other worlds, other lands

In my dreams
I have touched these places
And drunk the waters
Eaten the bread. Lived there.

I remember
Walking
Walking the wild places
Dreaming of a time

When through a window
Across the sea
I watched slow sunsets
Into the sea





I feel that this is one of my more evocative poems.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment