Wednesday 6 May 2015

Wings Of Jet


A little "limite surréaliste" inspired, for some reason, by a fairly well-known nursery rhyme.  I heard the words rolling round my mind and I realised there was more to be said.





Wings Of Jet  -  15 Apr 15

She shall have music
Nightfall shall not quiet
The singers
Wings of jet
Wrapped around the day
Wherever she goes
The ancient songs
Follow and follow again
Reeling around the day
Draw feathers in the dance
Ring of bells complete





For those who do not know the nursery rhyme ~

Ride a Cock Horse to Banbury Cross

Ride a cock horse to Banbury Cross
To see a fine lady upon a white horse
With rings on her fingers and bells on her toes
She shall have music wherever she goes.


2 comments:

  1. STUNNING! I WAS NOT FAMILIAR WITH THE NURSERY RHYME. YOUR POEM NOT ONLY COMPLETES IT, IT IS MAGICAL ON ITS OWN. I LOVE THIS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You probably did not know this nursery rhyme because it is rather country specific and the cross itself no longer exists because of religious conflicts.

      I quite enjoyed constructing a poem around and embellishing an existing poem ~ so happy that you enjoyed it too dani ♥

      Delete