Saturday 14 July 2012

The Sounds of Time


The first few lines of this poem were born a few days ago followed by a kind of silence.  Maybe it was a little joke by Muse, given the title of the poem.  I'm really not certain what was happening but today the rest of the poem was suddenly birthed.





The Sounds of Time  -  08 & 15 Jul 12


Susurration
Sand between fingers
Sensuously
Slide

Slipping under feet
Sea kisses our toes
Sowing new memories
Seeding dreams

Slow
Seconds
Stretch into hours
Stretch into days

Sounds of time
Secret songs
Sung out loud
Souls in harmony

Singing




I'm puzzled by the alliteration and not certain how it was formed but I do like the effect.

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. love, Love, LOVE this on soooo many levels! beautiful, from title to final word!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dani ♥ for your wonderful comments ~ I love it when my poems are loved ♥

      Delete