Friday 2 March 2012

Wind ~ Primal Thoughts


After a long pause, of about two months during which Muse assisted me to create poems for A River of Stones and The Haiku Challenge, we return.
Inspired by the wind and by various feelings that the wind engendered in me this poem grew quite quickly...




Wind  -  02 Mar 12
Primal Thoughts


Wind
Scratches round corners
Rushes across the fields
Carries the scent
From the Sea
Tears clouds
From the sky
Scatters them across
The hilltops
Litters
The valleys

Wind
Whispers in my mind
…Reminds me
Shakes the memories
Loose
To clatter among
Loose thoughts

Wind
Ripples her clothes
Sends shivers
Through me
Pleasant thoughts

Wind
Strokes my neck
Or is it … her?

Wind




The references in the intro above are to...
http://www.writingourwayhome.com/p/river-jan-12.html
...for A River of Stones
...and...
http://pendownmythought.blogspot.com/2012/01/haiku-challenge-is-back.html
...for The Haiku Challenge


It was only when I was nearly finished that I noticed that the construction was formed using Prime numbers for each stanza ~ hence the alternate title.
We are happy to be back ♥

4 comments:

  1. striking imagery! absolutely LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dani ♥ I'm so pleased you like my offerings ♥

      Delete
  2. the wind...
    calls us to it
    reminds us...
    that we were free
    to fly...
    upon the skies
    whenever we wish to try

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wind
      reaches out
      takes us by our hands
      invites us
      to join in flight

      Thank you June ♥ for your lovely words ♥

      Delete