Thursday 2 June 2011

Oceans Of The Moon


The title for this poem was actually placed in my mind on 21 May 11 but it was only this afternoon that the poem itself was birthed. Interestingly it is also part of the "Ocean Love Songs" group.





Oceans Of The Moon - 02 Jun 11

In a dark land
Tide dancing
Combing the sand
Washing the stones
Taking memories back
To the depths from which
They were born

I feel the pull of the tide
Wrapping round my feet
Embracing my legs
Talking to my mind
Showing me
...Things
...Places
...Her face

Watching and listening
I hear the whispers
Of the hidden Souls
In the Oceans of the Moon

I too,
Am there
Listen for my voice
When you stand and watch
The waves
I will call to you
When you lose your thoughts
And loose your thoughts
To the whispers
In the depths
Of the
Oceans of the Moon





I find it interesting that the title came to me weeks before the poem did. I don't know why this should be the case but I love watching the flow from Muse.


Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. "Oceans of the Moon"

    an exquisite phrase... a divine poem...
    truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dani ♥ I have to admit to being rather pleased with this poem myself but to read your words simply underlines my thoughts - thank you ♥

    ReplyDelete