Tuesday 31 May 2011

Evenglow


I have been inspired to produce a series of poems based on photographs of the sea or with a water theme and it has been suggested that they are collectively called "Ocean Love Songs". This is the first of a longer work without a visual link though looking at some of the photograhs I have posted on Visions can give a clue as to the inspiration I have been working through.





Evenglow - 31 May 11

Sunset
Temple of Evening
Starfire glows across the sky
Moonrise
Evenglow paints the cloud
Pale pink above the sun

She watched
From Her Rainbow Spire
She saw me stand beside the Ocean
I looked
To catch a glimpsse
Of Her reflection on the waves





Once again I thank Muse for the inspiration.
I shall be compiling the "Ocean Love Songs" in some form before too long - perhaps when I feel that it is complete.


Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. this is a beautiful poem ~ the first verse is an exquisite description of a sunset. i'm happy to hear that you will be compiling your "Ocean Love Songs" as they are magical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely comments dani ♥ and for your encouragement on the compilation of the "Ocean Love Songs" ♥

    ReplyDelete