Saturday 25 June 2011

Fool Moon


The inspiration for this poem came from a TwitPic that I had accidentally mis-named "Fool Moon" instead of "Full Moon", I was initially irritated but the name grew on me and - after a conversation with a lovely friend - decided that I would create a poem using that accidental name.





Fool Moon - 25 Jun 11

In the evening sky
She woke
Looked down
To find her lover

She hopes that he sees
Her dance...
Clinging to her hope

Through the trees
Bushes
Fool Moon
Dances
With tears in her eyes

He wanders
Looking for her
In valleys
Cross rivers
Down to the Ocean

He danced
To attract her attention
Hopefully...
Though he didn't see her

Never looking
In the right places

The Fool
Dances
Under the
Fool Moon





I would like to thank Muse for gently re-positioning my fingers to create the phrase "Fool Moon" in the first place and my friend dani for suggesting that there is a poem in there somewhere.

2 comments:

  1. so happy you let this poem out ~ BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dani ♥ I'm pleased that it is now out too ♥

    ReplyDelete