Sunday 15 May 2011

Mirrors


After what seems to be a very long gap, Muse tapped me on my shoulder and suggested that I started to write. Mirrors is the poem which grew without any effort.





Mirrors - 15 May 11

Mirrored hallways
Leading to secret rooms
I look in
I look out
Dreamt memories

Images of things
That could never have happened
Watched
In the hallways
Mirrored dreams
Face to face
With me
Remembering

Images of things
That might have happened
Watching them run again
In the mirrors
To different conclusions
All the
Might have beens
Gathering
From my past

Images of things
That did happen
Now haunt me
In the mirrors
Down darkened hallways
In curtained rooms
Shut away from daylight
Veiled mirrors

Images of things
That might happen
A glimpse of sunlight
In the mirrors secret eyes
A subtle smile
Watching me
Watching you
Watching the future





Another slightly strange poem - partially autobiographical, partly imagination and all inspired by Muse, thank you Muse.


Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. "All the
    Might have beens
    Gathering
    From my past"

    a haunting but stunning image! and i love how the poem ends on a hopeful note.

    this is amazing!
    dani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dani ♥ for your really lovely comments ♥
    I am really pleased you like my poem ♥

    ReplyDelete