Monday 6 December 2010

Tears


This is another poem which grew out of hearing just a couple of words from a song, taken out of context they brought this poem into existence.




Tears - 06 Dec 10

I reached out
For you
Touched...
You touched a nerve
In me
Brought tears
Welling up in my eyes

I could not know
Never could have known
How you would
Affect me...
In unexpected ways
As well as every
Way I hoped

Now I look
Through the glass
Of an unopened window
Vision blurred
By
The tears
Of an unfulfilled dream

My world is somehow
Smaller now
Without you
Next to me...
I will recover
Eventually
But will always
Have a tear
For you





It grew in the early hours and writing it brought tears...


Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, Ainsley, but so sad. Unfulfilled hopes and dreams. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dani ♥ for your lovely comment.

    ReplyDelete