Thursday 18 November 2010

Secretly Waiting


Sitting in a dark afternoon with several thoughts passing through my mind, muse tapped me gently on the shoulder and suggested that I start to write. This is what flowed from my fingers...





Secretly Waiting - 18 Nov 10

Secretly waiting
Pretending that I don't really care
But when you aren't here
Sadness fills my thoughts
And my eyes blur
Vision fades
Cracked images
Show themselves
To me

Wondering
Whether you will ever come back
To fill the space
You created when
You left
My eyes still see you
Standing with me
Walking with me
Being with me

Now I feel
Eternity is closing around me
Leaving me stranded
Beached
Like driftwood
On the shore
Alone
Always
Alone

Secretly waiting
Again





Sad songs are often the most fulfilling despite the content - I will leave you to comment, if you choose.

4 comments:

  1. This is lovely. I especially liked a couple of places:-

    Secretly waiting
    Pretending that I don't really care
    But when you aren't here

    it's the pretended nonchalance that strikes a chord with me here - 'I'm SO over him/her'but when 'you aren't here' ..... of course we re-run the lovely moments, the might have beens too, if we are not careful

    then there was this bit:-
    wondering
    Whether you will ever come back
    To fill the space
    You created when
    You left

    perhaps knowing the likelihood is not, bit keeping the candle in the window anyway

    Thanks, very thought provoking and somehow calming and reassuring as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jan ♥

    You have looked deep within me
    and touched my Soul
    and seen my thoughts
    ...
    the candle always
    brightly burns

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this :) especially this bit ...

    Eternity is closing around me
    Leaving me stranded
    Beached
    Like driftwood
    On the shore
    Alone
    Always
    Alone

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jennifer ♥

    This poem has been one
    of the deepest that has come
    out of me...
    I thank you for seeing this
    and commenting

    ReplyDelete