Tuesday 29 April 2014

Moon Watches


This poem was inspired when I read something by my Lovely friend dani, suddenly I knew that I had to create a response to her work.





Moon Watches  -  28 Apr 14

She watches
Sees the Earth turn
Beneath her

Sees me dreaming
About you
Holding you close
In my thoughts

Sees you thinking
About me
Swaying gently
In our dance

Five thousand miles
Is but a thought
As our lips touch
And our kisses flow

Moon always watching
Sees us turn in our dance
Smiles in our Love






This is the post dani made and I add it here for completion.  The original can be seen at
my heart’s love songs


the moon has left me  28 Apr 14

the moon has left me
to pay you a visit
( now i miss both you and her )

the trees have stayed though
quiet company for me
( they don’t like to talk )

the stars are hiding
too shy to let me see them
( but i can feel their presence )

tonight the moon will return
as though nothing ever happened
( then leave again to see you )

so we must share her
from opposite sides of  the earth
( yet,  always,  we see the same side of  the moon )




I really Love dani's poem and hope you do too.

The five thousand miles reference is to an earlier poem of mine, it can be found here in this blog.


Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. wow! thank you for the huge compliment of writing a response to my poem, Ainsley ~ your love song is beautiful & so romantic! i like the idea of the Moon watching us, as well. thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very great pleasure to read your poem dani ♥ and it gave me great pleasure too, to be able to write a response.

      So ~ thank you for the inspiration dani ♥

      Delete