Thursday 3 April 2014

King's Willow


In the pre-dawn dark my mind sometimes wanders into places in which it played, in years long past.  I created a visual [graphite on paper] series called "Chess Game" and now, after all this time, this is the first poem version I have written.  Like the series of drawings this is almost completely "limite surréaliste"





King's Willow  -  03 Apr 14

Dark sky
Sun does not shine
Leaves shield my eyes
Rain days
Evening shatters
Shutters
Darkness
Woven kisses
Weave the night
With the day
One step at a time
Watch the knight
Canter past
Cries goodnight
In the morning light
Your Majesty
The board awaits
Withy woven
Stream the flow
And in the dark
Moves are made





I am rather pleased with the result.


Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. i know very little about chess, but i like this! quite a "Lewis Carroll" feel ~ i mean that as a high compliment. it would be wonderful to see your original drawings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do not need to know all that much about chess to get the feeling behind this poem. This poem only suggests the King and the Knight without saying too much about them.

      If I can find the drawings and they have not been eaten by rodents ...
      I could attempt to reconstruct them somewhen.

      Thank you for your Beautiful comment dani ♥

      Delete