Monday 28 October 2013

I Wonder


A Love song, written in a folk ballad style, with a touch of melancholy.





I Wonder  -  28 Oct 13

A tall ship stands
In the western harbour
And I wonder
Who she is waiting for

A soft wind
Gathers the scent of spice
From the sea
To carry it across the land

I remember those mellow days
Filled with warm sunshine
And I wonder
Who is waiting there now

A sweet voice
Gathers my memories
From wherever they lie
To carry them back to me

A gentle touch of a soft hand
Wakes the Love within me
And I wonder
Shall I see her again?





This was born just after the one posted yesterday, it came as something of a surprise to me when it emerged.


Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. this is rather different for you... great imagery and feeling of longing for that past time. wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Longing for a past time and a longing for a future time too.
      Thank you for your Lovely comment dani ♥

      Delete