Tuesday 6 November 2012

Wandering Dreams


This poem grew rapidly from two points of inspiration. the first, as so often the case, came from a piece of music I was listening to and the second from thoughts of someone special.  I offer it for your reading pleasure.





Wandering Dreams  -  06 Nov 12


You lost your thoughts
In the dreams of another
He took them
Squandered them
Wasted the love
You gave

When I saw them
Floating on the breeze
Lost ~ flying without aim
I gathered them ~ took them
In my arms
Offered my love to them

Took you into my dream
You smiled at me
Requested me to hold
You and your dreams
Give them purpose again
Let them grow

Offered your kiss
Your tender smile
In your gentle hands
Love grew and flourished
Our dreams
Took flight





It is really lovely when Muse brings inspiration to me, I am always most grateful.
 

2 comments:

  1. breathtaking! one of your most stunning poems ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dani ♥ I really appreciate your lovely comments.
      This poem was really specially inspired and I am hoping for more like this soon ♥

      Delete