Saturday 17 November 2012

Owl Evening


This poem was triggered by my stepping outside for a few moments and hearing an Owl calling then being aware of what was happening in the western sky.  Without further comment I present it now.




Owl Evening  -  17 Nov 12


Darkling sky
Holds a memory of the day
That has been

Thin silver crescent
In the west
Foretelling the month to come

Owl serenading
Farewell to the Sun
Greeting Lady Moon





I really Love the way Muse shakes my mind and offers suggestions.
 
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. this is soooo lovely, Ainsley! "Darkling sky" is a beautiful phrase!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dani ♥
      I have to admit that I found the word in the title of a novel by Christopher Priest ~ Fugue for a Darkling Island, I was so taken by the word that I have often used it in my poetry.

      Delete