Wednesday 29 August 2012

Night Whispers


At about 05:00 the words of this poem grew in my mind.  Muse suggested, very strongly, that I noted them down [using my phone] because she knew that I would forget them before I woke.





Night Whispers  -  29  Aug 12


Night whispers
In the wind
Dreams talking to each other
Across time
Across space
In the dark

Tears of rain
Beat out a rhythm
On the Autumn leaves

Sentences left hanging
Now completed
Words unspoken
Now shouted
Silenced only
By a closing window





Muse was right, I had forgotten what I had written.
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. oh, the first verse is divine! i LOVE the entire poem! so happy you wrote it all down when your muse gave you the nudge.

    really beautiful, Ainsley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have learned NEVER to ignore Muse when she suggests that I do something
      Thank you for your really lovely comments dani ♥

      Delete